- RSS Channel Showcase 8654036
- RSS Channel Showcase 9294727
- RSS Channel Showcase 8535399
- RSS Channel Showcase 6208733
Articles on this Page
- 01/31/18--11:36: _“Inappropriate” ‘Am...
- 02/15/18--15:43: _Jack-Jack’s Unpredi...
- 02/25/18--14:23: _Animator & Voice Ac...
- 07/27/18--15:49: _Stuff We Love: A Su...
- 10/16/18--16:38: _Clip: All-New ‘Aunt...
- 10/19/18--12:06: _Brazilian Movie ‘Ti...
- 11/09/18--11:54: _Pixar Vet Teddy New...
- 11/14/18--09:00: _Watch: John Kahrs’ ...
- 01/31/18--11:36: “Inappropriate” ‘Amusement Park’ Director Dylan Brown Axed
- 02/25/18--14:23: Animator & Voice Actor Bud Luckey Dies Age 83
- 07/27/18--15:49: Stuff We Love: A Summer Bounty of Books, Discs & More
- 10/19/18--12:06: Brazilian Movie ‘Tito and the Birds’ Fights a Climate of Fear
- 11/09/18--11:54: Pixar Vet Teddy Newton Laces Up for Animated Sneaks Movie
- 11/14/18--09:00: Watch: John Kahrs’ Acclaimed Short ‘Age of Sail’
Paramount Pictures has fired first-time director Dylan Brown from upcoming animated feature Amusement Park after investigating complaints of “inappropriate and unwanted conduct.” Announced Tuesday, the axe reportedly dropped a week and a half ago as the result of complaints by multiple women. THR broke the news. A statement from a Paramount spokesman said: “We are […]
Viewers got an informative first-look at the highly anticipated Disney-Pixar sequel Incredibles 2 during the NBC Olympics coverage on Wednesday night. The spot shows how Bob (a.k.a. Mr. Incredible) struggles to be a super parent while Elastigirl is called upon to save the day — something made even more tricky by the unpredictable emergence of […]
William “Bud” Luckey, a multitalented artist and performer who touched many facets of animation, has died at age 83. Among his many credits, Luckey earned an Annie Award and an Academy Award nomination for the Pixar short Boundin’, which he wrote and directed as well as composing the music and performing as the solo singer/narrator. […]
***These reviews were written for the August‘18 issue of Animation Magazine (#282)*** The onslaught of San Diego Comic-Con announcements got us (and our shopping list) in an extra-geeky mood. Although, don’t ask how this is different from every other month… USEFUL STUFF The world has gone digital, and while we’d all like to spend our […]
The super smash-hit Incredibles 2 — sequel to the 2004 Oscar winner The Incredibles and once again directed by Brad Bird — comes home on Digital HD / 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere on October 23, followed by Blu-ray 4K, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on November 6. And of course, it comes powered-up […]
***This article originally appeared in the December ‘18 issue of Animation Magazine (No. 285)*** Those seeking relief from the loud, predictable world of some of the season’s big CG-animated studio movies would be wise to seek out the wonderful new Brazilian movie Tito and the Birds. Directed by Gustavo Steinberg, Gabriel Bitar and André Catoto, […]
Animation fans know Teddy Newton for his fantastic character design work on movies such as Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Toy Story 3, Smallfoot and his Oscar-nominated 2010 short Day and Night. The talented Pixar alum is now directing a new feature called Sneaks, for Columbus, Ohio-based Lengi Studio. The pic, which is produced by […]
The much-anticipated new Google Spotlight Stories project making a big splash on the VR and animation scene is available to view online today. Anyone who’s been aboard a sailboat on the open ocean knows the distinctive sound of sailcloth flapping in the wind, and the rolling motion of a craft riding the waves. Movie magicians […]